Becoming a work at home mom is a difficult decision for any woman. The idea of trying to balance working and caring for children for a stay at home mom, or leaving the work place to work at home for a career mother, can be daunting to say the least. There are many wonderful reasons to do it, but there are also drawbacks to consider. In the end it is a very personal choice as every woman's situation is different. Just to help get you started though, here are some reasons working from home can be great.
1. More time with your children. Undoubtedly one of the main reasons a woman will consider working from home. As a work from home mom, you will have the chance to be part of your child's daily routine. Sitting down for lunch with your toddler, welcoming your child home from school and hearing about their day, helping with homework. It gives you even more time to watch and enjoy as your child learns and grows before your eyes. After all, they only grow up once, right?
2. Earning money. Most likely the other main reason most look at becoming a work at home mother. By working from home you will be bringing in income. In today's economy every penny counts and most families are feeling that. More and more mothers are turning to working from home as a way to keep their family financial in order.
3. You will save money. While most business ventures will have costs of their own, by working at home you save money in a lot of areas. No more daily commute to work means less gas will be needed. Daily child care is no longer needed if the mother will be working with the children at home. Most work at home mothers also find that spend less money on clothes, opting for more casual attire at home and saving traditional work clothing for special occasions such as meetings with potential clients or employers.
4. Gain a sense of control. Many mothers say they tend to feel a loss of control in their household. As a working mother many feel like they lose a lot of control by not being home during the day and not being with their children as much. Stay at home mothers that do not work on the other hand tend to feel like they have no control over the financial situation of the family. Either can be very stressful. By working from home you are free from both of these.
5. Flexible hours. Although the self-employed work at home mom will have more flexible hours than the telecommuting mother, either normally presents more flexible hours than the traditional job. This allows you to choose when you will work, wherever you want to work while your child is at work, before they wake up, or after they fall asleep, or you would rather work in shorter bursts during naps and play dates.
6. Escape …