Sports science fair projects are a wonderful way of connecting sports and science. It is a great idea to enrich one’s knowledge about the favorite sports by opting for doing a sports science fair project. There are so many exciting ways to apply science principles to sports. By working scientifically on favorite sports may even help your students to become a better sports player.
Another benefit of connecting science and sports is, it not only activates your body but also stimulates your mind. There are wide range of sports science fair projects to select from a list of categories such as Baseball, basketball, bicycling, football, Golf, soccer, sports and human behavior, tennis, throwing, kicking, hitting, bouncing, winter sports like skiing, skating, and hockey. Essentially any sport can become a sports science fair project
Selection of sports science fair projects:
While looking for sports science fair projects, one of the difficult tasks is selecting the problem. The project does not have to be very complicated or expensive or use specialized equipments. It is not necessary to purchase expensive project kits to carry out a project. Common sports equipments can be used to conduct the project. With a little imagination great sports science project ideas can be developed.
Some interesting sports science fair project ideas:
– Does exercise has any role to play in the better working of brain?
– Why does a ball bounce when it is thrown, kicked, dribbled or hit?
– What is the impact of exercise on heart rate?
– Does the flight of a baseball depend upon the spin of the ball?
– Which bat is better, an aluminium or a wooden bat to play baseball?
– Which type of turn is better in a skating race a tight, medium, or a wide? Why?
– Do sports drinks play an effective role in an athlete’s performance?
Method of doing a Sports science fair project:
– Select an idea for the project according to the interest.
– Develop a Plan and chart out each phase of the project into a variety of tasks.
– Collect information about the literature of the particular project.
– Collect data required for the project
– Analyze the collected data and categorize them accordingly in tables.
– Summarize and prepare a report of the project with all the required details.
Sports are a vital component of our educational system and sports science fair projects will help to promote the human quest for knowledge and increase the interest of an individual towards sports activities. Promoting sports science fair projects also pave ways to integrate sport and physical education into the over all development of an individual.…