As I have interviewed and researched serial entrepreneurs like Andy Kurtzig * , the founder of JustAnswers (r) , I have learned that they really do all share a couple of key personality traits. They also, typically, have immediate family members who had these same skills. We will evade the nurture or nature debate at this time as it is not pertinent how they attain these skills so much as it is important to understand that they have these practices. Let's look at some of the quotes that are some of my favorite and then analyze them to produce the top three tracks owned by successful people. And the final question is, "Can you attain these hits, or more so, do you already possess them?"
Here's my favorite quotes about success and failure …
1) "The phoenix must burn to emerge." – Janet Fitch
2) "What separates the winners from the losers is how a person responds to each new twist of fate." – Donald J. Trump
3) "It's a blip, not a catastrophe." – Donald J. Trump
4) "Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be" – John Wooden
5) "Only those who dare to fail very can ever achieve greatly." – Robert F. Kennedy
6) "As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big." – Donald J. Trump
7) "It's failure that gives you the proper perspective on success." – Ellen DeGeneres
8) "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." – Winston Churchill
Nobody in their right mind would take all those names from science, real estate, entertainment, wartime leader, and say they have anything in common. They would be incorrect. There are three common themes in all these statements which I agree fully with my concluding after after a decade of interviewing and researching people with the three attributes of success.
What are these three attributes …
1) Drive. Even ion the face of almost certain defeat the basketball player wants that last three points on the board. The wartime General will keep the city on early certain defeat. A TV entertainer like Ellen, etc. Has the drive to get up in the morning and conduct some local show, or their first stand up in a low-brow bar and have the drive to push forward!
2) Optimism. As to the point of number "1" above. These leader, or entertainer has to believe in their own minds that it will get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a train! It is also what I call the evolve part of the success formula. You are optimistic that you can fix, or evolve, your strategy and still be successful later.
3) Big Thinker. Again, without number "1" and number "2" this attribute can not exist. If you are going to build a ten unit apartment building, why not 500? If you can keep 50 people in the …