Ever wondered what on earth can you do to finally pull off a good grade in college? Well that is what the article will be addressing by giving these tips on how to study for a college test.
1. In class, record almost everything, do not wait on what you think is important. The teacher may view something as important which you did not, which puts you at a disadvantage.
2. Attempt tutorials and try to attend as many as possible.
3. The repetition of information and the practice will help your memory and your ability to get closer to that A. Practice your tutorials and past papers before an exam.
4. Exam questions are often similar and are sometimes even recycled. Importantly, you should try to practice answering questions without looking at the notes after you have studied a topic.
5. Review the material as soon as you can and review often. Place an emphasis on understanding and thinking about the material rather than mere recitation
6. Try to pinpoint areas which are stressed during lectures. These are areas which your lecturer views as important and you will more than likely be tested on these areas.
7. Keep handouts organized in a folder so it will waste less time trying to find class material Take a front seat as you will be more focused, less likely to fall sleep and less likely to find people who talk a lot at these positions.
8. Develop your own abbreviations when taking notes. This enables you to save some time and so you can keep up with the lecturer. Be careful, however, not to overdo this.
9. Visualize the material and write down what you need to remember This aids memory as more senses are involved
10. Keep a positive attitude. Visualize getting an excellent grade on your paper. You can make a poster with inspirational quotes, read inspirational stories or you can even listen to positive songs to lift your mood when you feel low. Do whatever you have to do to believe that you will do well on your exam
11. Read information about study skills. Try buying one or borrowing a book from your library or friends.
12. Concentrate during class.Doodling and talking with friends will cause you to lose valuable information and explanations.
13. Time is then wasted by trying to figure concepts which were missed, by reading textbook repeatedly.
14. When you write notes, ensure they are legitimate. Its easier to read and less time is spent trying to figure what it could be.
15. If there is anything you do not understand go to your lecturer for some help
16. Forming study groups can be very useful. Someone else may understand a topic much better than you do and be able to help you understand it, and of course, vice versa. You should be cautious, however, to invite people who are serious about their work and will not waste your time by idling a lot.