Once upon a time, I used to study harder than others till I Learnt how to study smarter not harder, it took me some time till I knew how to study smarter not harder, and will know all the techniques and methods that will help you study smarter not harder.
For you to know how to study smarter not harder, there are two techniques, either you take the hard way like I did, or you read this post to take the easy way out.
The hard way is where you sit to study and think about the techniques and methods that will help you study smarter not harder while you are studying, and the first thing you should know about how to study smarter not harder is to take an overview about the subject by reading it in sequence in a fast way.
Here you take an overview about the subject to know the hard and the easy parts and to know everything about the subject, this way you may jump to the parts you find interesting in to study the interesting parts between the boring parts.
This technique will make you sit more hours studying, which will make you gain more and will make you study hard without getting bored.
How to study smarter not harder in points:
- Take a quick overview about the subject : studying the subject in sequence will make you know more about the subject, the hard and the easy parts, the interesting and the boring parts, which will make you jump easily through the subject to any part you like to study and the best way to take an overview is by reading the index (contents) of the book and the summary at the end of the subject (back cover of the book).
- Study each hour a different subject : you might be bored of some subjects, studying these subjects in between interesting subjects will make you sit more to study, which will make you study smarter not harder after all, so studying each hour a different subject is a smart way to study.
- Take private courses in hard subjects : taking private courses makes you have an overview about the subject and makes you ask about the things you do not know, also it make you know more about the subject before anyone else in your class, this way you will be smarter than others and will make you study smarter not harder.
- Read fast : fast reading requires from you to know some techniques like:
- Read from the inside: reading your books is without listening your voice, you should read your books from the inside.
- Use a pen while reading: move along the phrases in your book with your pen and look at the tip of the pen while moving it fast through the book.
- Move the pen in a zigzag shape: there are different ways to move your pen, a practical solution shows that moving the pen in a zigzag shape is better than moving it in other ways.
In short studying smarter not harder requires from you being smart from the beginning and I wrote about this subject a lot so search StrongerStudents.com for "smart".